LERN stands for the Lived Experience and Recovery Network.
LERN Supports, Empowers and Educates Society;
- people with lived experience of mental health and/or addiction services
- family members and friends
- community, professionals and society around the issues relevant to mental health, mental illness and mental wellness.
“Empowering peer communities towards wellness and recovery”
Lived Experience and Recovery Network (LERN) is a networking body linking, supporting and educating all mental health consumer and family, organizations in the northeast region.
- A democratic process that is membership driven encouraging the views and opinions of its members
- Management through governing structures made up of people who have direct experience with the mental health industry
- A democratic process of accountability that ensures that the decision making process is inclusive
- Membership driven organization based in the philosophy of peer support and mutual aid
LERN helps to build the capacity of local and regional organizations that are led by people living with mental health problems and illnesses, ensuring their voices are heard. Some of the many ways LERN provides support to member organizations include regional meetings featuring representatives from across the Northeast region of Ontario. This is a valuable opportunity for peer led organizations to network with other groups. LERN provides information to member organizations promoting learning and training opportunities across the region.